This interesting story looks at the role of struggle and accomplishment in learning, comparing two very different approaches.
This short ad highlights the double standard that women face, especially in the workplace.
- Pantene Powerfully Breaks Down Every Sexist Workplace Stereotype in One Ad (business.time.com)
- Pantene Breaks Down Every Sexist Workplace Stereotype in One Ad (mythicvoice.wordpress.com)
- Pantene Takes On The Hypocrisy Of Workplace Gender Stereotypes (fastcocreate.com)
- [WATCH] New Pantene ad highlights how men and women are viewed differently in the workplace (redalertpolitics.com)
- Shampoo brand takes on gender stereotypes. (osocio.org)
Sometimes it is hard for dominant culture students to understand the way that power and privilege are enacted in communication. These examples may be helpful.
And here’s another format, an article about the tumblr site that also describes more about the concept of microaggression: http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/racial-microagressions-you-hear-on-a-daily-basis?bffb