There have beenseveral publicized cases recently of Barney’s (and other retailers, including Macy’s) customers who are black being questioned by employees and police, after buying expensive items. A college student has sued and many are accusing the store of racism.
- Another shopper accuses Barneys of racism (huffingtonpost.com)
- Al Sharpton sniffs injustice… (theguardian.com)
- ‘Shop-And-Get-Frisked’ When You Spend $350 At Barneys (npr.org)
- Civil rights group seeks meeting with Barneys CEO (kansascity.com)
- It’s Barney’s vs. the NYPD in Racial Profiling Scandal (mediabistro.com)
- Al Sharpton threatens boycott of Barneys over racial profiling (rawstory.com)