Tag Archives: Alabama
September 15 – A Day of Remembrance
In Alabama, 1963 was a year of confrontations and violence. Tomorrow, we remember not just four girls who were killed at the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church on September 15, 1963,, but others killed and injured in the Civil Rights Movement. This link shares the story of two boys, Virgil Ware and Johnny Robinson, who were killed the same day.
- In Remembrance: The Bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church (2dopesistahs.com)
- Citywide memorial for ‘four little girls’ Friday at Alabama State University (al.com)
- Birmingham author launches book on 1963 Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing investigation (al.com)
- 1963 Birmingham Church Bombing Fast Facts (cnn.com)
- How Carolyn Maull McKinstry and 16th Street Baptist Church Overcame Hate by Practicing ‘A Love that Forgives’ (blackchristiannews.com)