A concise list of things to do when communicating with those whose first language is different from your own (when you’re communicating in your native language):
This short ad highlights the double standard that women face, especially in the workplace.
- Pantene Powerfully Breaks Down Every Sexist Workplace Stereotype in One Ad (business.time.com)
- Pantene Breaks Down Every Sexist Workplace Stereotype in One Ad (mythicvoice.wordpress.com)
- Pantene Takes On The Hypocrisy Of Workplace Gender Stereotypes (fastcocreate.com)
- [WATCH] New Pantene ad highlights how men and women are viewed differently in the workplace (redalertpolitics.com)
- Shampoo brand takes on gender stereotypes. (osocio.org)
The British Council recently released a study on the value of intercultural skills in the workplace! I use studies like this at the start (and often end) of my class to get students interested in why they should care about and study intercultural communication.