Category Archives: Video
How To Tell Someone They Sound Racist
Focus on the behavior!
Gender Double Standards: Pantene Advertisement
This short ad highlights the double standard that women face, especially in the workplace.
- Pantene Powerfully Breaks Down Every Sexist Workplace Stereotype in One Ad (business.time.com)
- Pantene Breaks Down Every Sexist Workplace Stereotype in One Ad (mythicvoice.wordpress.com)
- Pantene Takes On The Hypocrisy Of Workplace Gender Stereotypes (fastcocreate.com)
- [WATCH] New Pantene ad highlights how men and women are viewed differently in the workplace (redalertpolitics.com)
- Shampoo brand takes on gender stereotypes. (osocio.org)
Hetain Patel: Who am I? Think again
‘Ladies, it’s your fault’: Viral video calls out India’s culture of victim-blaming By Rama Lakshmim, Washington Post
Indian women parody the comments blaming victims for rape:
- Powerful Satirical PSA Explains Why Rape Is Always Your Fault (jezebel.com)
- Video satirising rape goes viral in India (telegraph.co.uk)
- This scathing satire of India’s rape culture is going viral (dailydot.com)
- ‘It’s Your Fault’ Parody Video Takes On India’s Rape Culture And Ends Up Going Viral (thinkprogress.org)
- Rape? It’s your fault, women: Sarcastic video on victim-blaming goes viral (jantarocks.wordpress.com)
- Why Indian men have the least sex in the world. (ladiesweekly.wordpress.com)
- Everybody knows what women should do to not ‘get molested’ in India. (indianhomemaker.wordpress.com)
- ‘It’s your fault’ video tilts at Indian rape culture (smh.com.au)
One Easy Thing All White People Could Do That Would Make The World A Better Place
Two sisters — one looks white, the other black. Here’s what happened when they went to the store. Spoiler alert: they weren’t treated the same way.
2 Women Just Proved Why Talking About Race Is One Of The Most Important Things You Can Do
While the Daily Show is a comedy show, this clip illustrates how our own race influences our perceptions:
Kids React to Interracial Family in Cheerios Commercial
A Cheerios commercial with a biracial family got a lot of negative attention and comments. This video shows kids’ reactions.
- Watch: Kids React Adorably to Controversial Cheerios Commercial (clutchmagonline.com)
- WATCH: Kids React To Cheerios Ad In The Cutest Way Possible (huffingtonpost.com)
- Kids Watch Interracial Cheerios Ad, Have No Idea Why It’s Controversial (gawker.com)
- Kids React To Negative Backlash Of Interracial Cheerios Commercial: “That’s Stupid!” (oldschool945.com)
- Kids react to controversial biracial Cheerios ad (kvue.com)
- Kids React to Biracial Cheerios Commercial (ksfm.cbslocal.com)
- Web World: Kids React to Controversial Cheerios Commercial (fox2now.com)
Rachel Rostad – “To JK Rowling, from Cho Chang”
Stereotypes of Asian women in Harry Potter.
- To JK Rowling, from Cho Chang by Rachel Rostad =) (novelcsanchez.wordpress.com)
“Transgender at Five” By Petula Dvorak, Washington Post
Kathryn, from the age of two, insisted that she was a boy. Now he’s Tyler.